Each year, the Leadership Brevard program accepts participants via open enrollment, on a first-come, first-served basis; limited to 60 participants.
The Leadership Brevard Class of 2020 is at capacity.
To join the waiting list, click on the button below:
Leadership Brevard Class of 2020 Program Schedule: September 2019 – April 2020 (Graduation in May 2020). Download the program schedule: Leadership Brevard 2020 Program Schedule.pdf
Tuition for Leadership Brevard 2020 is $3,050. A minimum deposit of $500 is due upon enrollment in order to reserve your seat in Leadership Brevard. Remaining tuition balance must be received in full by June 30, 2019, unless other arrangements have been made with LEAD Brevard.
Limited financial assistance is available. (Financial Assistance Request Forms were due to LEAD Brevard on Friday, April 19, 2019.) Leadership Brevard scholarship fund contributions help LEAD Brevard with limited funds available for financial assistance. Any financial award is based on statements of financial need, the amount of funds available, and must be requested at the time of enrollment. LEAD Brevard offers only partial financial assistance and only to those individuals who clearly cannot otherwise afford the $3,050 tuition. 2019 financial assistance awards averaged $500 to $750. Entrepreneurs, small businesses (less than 5 employees), public sector, and staff of nonprofit organizations are priorities for financial assistance awards. The deadline to apply for financial assistance was Friday, April 19, 2019 for consideration.
Leadership Brevard program goals:
- Provide you with community education.
- Build relationships with your classmates.
- Connect you to a network of community leaders.
As a participant you should:
- Have a strong commitment to the community through significant voluntary leadership roles in community organizations;
- Have potential for growing personally and effecting change;
- Have an interest in furthering personal knowledge about Brevard County
- Commit to full participation in the program, including the opening day orientation, monthly program sessions, Leadership Action Project, and Graduation
- Participants are responsible for transportation to and from program day sites. Sessions are held in various locations throughout Brevard County in accordance with the program topic.
- Monthly program days typically run from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Participants will take part in a mandatory on-going Leadership Action Project (this will require some time outside of the scheduled program dates).
- Participants are required to attend program sessions. If emergency/circumstances arise which prevents a participant from attending all or any portion of ONE SESSION, the participant may be excused from attending all or a portion of one session. If for any reason a class member misses TWO SESSIONS, he/she will be removed from the program and will not be eligible to graduate that year.
- Program enrollment will close when the class reaches 60 participants.
2020 Program Cancellation Policy:
- Completed and signed enrollment form and $500 deposit signifies commitment to the program. Remaining tuition balance must be received in full by June 30, 2019, unless other arrangements have been made with LEAD Brevard. Cancellation must be received on or before the first of August prior to the start of the program year for full refund. After August 1st, a $500 cancellation fee will be charged. After the first of September, a 50% tuition cancellation fee will be applied ($1525). No refund will be offered after class has begun.
LEAD Brevard does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age or physical ability. If you require any special accommodation to participate in the Leadership Brevard Program, please notify LEAD Brevard at the time of your application.
All forms are handled in strict confidence.