The Leadership Essentials℠ experience is valuable to high-potential professionals and their employers for a variety of reasons, including:
- The relationships developed within the diverse cohort of emerging professionals in attendance.
- An assessment tool, used as a foundation piece.
- A connection to LEAD Brevard, Leadership Brevard Alumni, and Brevard County.
- An emphasis on practical experience and application; the ‘tools’ that participants add to their leadership toolbox as part of their career development.
At monthly half-day class sessions, participants sharpen critical skills necessary for effective leadership in their organization. Sessions are led by experienced facilitators and participants will learn and practice the skills of a results-oriented leader.
Looking for ways to support your best and brightest? Today’s workforce is anxious to succeed, works hard, and often cites professional development opportunities as one of the top factors in employer selection and continued satisfaction. You can help position your organization to capitalize on the opportunities within today’s dynamic economy by sponsoring a candidate for the Leadership Essentials program. Leadership Essentials is a program for your rising leaders, helping them to learn the skills to lead projects and create solutions and may enhance your ability to retain quality employees by offering this opportunity to develop leadership skills and professional contacts.
Why participate? Are you ready to expand your skillset? Do you want to position yourself for continued growth and demonstrate your value to your employer? Leadership Essentials is a path to that future. Learn critical leadership skills to advance your career and personal development. Understand your talents and opportunities for growth. Connect with a vital and valuable network of professionals.
TESTIMONIALS from Leadership Essentials Alumni – ‘in their own words’
- As a coordinator, I learned what skills would be helpful to move into a leadership role. I was greatly moved and inspired by all the sessions in some way. Those at my work have seen a change in my attitude and my director has praised me for my growth during my time at the program.
- The Leadership Essentials class has been extremely beneficial. Before Leadership Essentials, I viewed some of my ‘strengths’ as ‘weaknesses’. I believe that self-improvement is extremely important and because of Leadership Essentials, I was able to take something from each session and grow both professionally and personally.
- I have learned so much that I didn’t know I needed in order to be a successful leader! Many tools will be used along my journey into becoming a leader.
- I’ve been able to learn from experienced professionals with experience in many diverse contexts. The class’s diversity of small to large companies and different industries provided knowledge from different angles.
- Leadership Essentials provided a valuable overview of strategies for success. I am transitioning into a new leadership role and I am glad that I was able to participate in the course before starting my new position.
Class of 2024 Information
Tuition for Leadership Essentials: $1,500.00
A minimum deposit of $250 is due upon enrollment in order to reserve your seat in Leadership Essentials. The remaining tuition balance must be received in full by October 3, 2023, unless other arrangements have been made with LEAD Brevard.
Monthly Session Dates & Times:
Networking & Continental Breakfast 8:00 – 8:30 AM – Content 8:30 AM – 12 PM
Session 1 Tuesday, October 3, 2023; Session 2 Tuesday, November 7, 2023; Session 3 Tuesday, December 5, 2023; Session 4 Tuesday, January 9, 2024; Session 5 Tuesday, February 6, 2024; Session 6 Tuesday, March 5, 2024; and Graduation Thursday, March 7, 2024, as an evening event.
In-person sessions will be held at – The Center for Collaboration Community Room (Space Coast Health Foundation) 1100 N. Rockledge Blvd., Rockledge, FL 32955 SEE MAP
If an emergency/circumstances arise which prevents a participant from attending all or any portion of ONE SESSION, the participant may be excused from attending all or a portion of one session. If for any reason a class member misses TWO SESSIONS, he/she will not be eligible to graduate that program year.
Cancellation Policy: LEAD Brevard’s receipt of a signed enrollment form or completion of the online enrollment form signifies a commitment to the program. Tuition is due upon enrollment. * Cancellation must be received on or before September 15th prior to the start of the program year for a full refund. After September 15th, a $275.00 cancellation fee will be charged. After October 1st, a 50% tuition cancellation fee will be applied ($750.00). Tuition is NOT refundable in whole or in part once sessions have begun (October 3, 2023).
CONGRATULATIONS Leadership Essentials Class of 2023 graduates!
Amber Auburn, Brevard Health Alliance; Thea Baker, City of Satellite Beach; Mark Belew, Community Credit Union; Kalsey Blickley, Brevard Health Alliance; Karen Brown, Eckerd Connects;
Taylor Donovan, LEAD Brevard; Cammie Goode, Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast; Katie Holley, Suntree Country Club Inc; Stacey Love, Lockheed Martin; Nikki Medearis, 28 North Gastropub;
Daniel Mennen, Contec Americas Inc; Paula Panikowski Preset, Brevard Health Alliance; Maureen Phillips, City of Titusville; Shannon Raatz R.T.(R)(CT)(MR), Health First; Cherise Reguero, Alluvionic;
Eva Rey, The Viera Company; Mack Russo, Astrotech Space Operations; Mark Sexton, Family Promise of Brevard; Cameron Smith, Pizza Gallery; Lori Ann Snyder, MEC General Contractors;
Jodi Stephens, Health First; Brian Thomas, Astrotech Space Operations; Andrea Thompson, Health First; Sabrina Timaul, Brevard Health Alliance; Thomas Turner, Johnson & Montas P.A. Jennifer White, City of Satellite Beach; and Kent Young, Health First